Obas Adekunle, Osogbo
JUSTICE A.O Ayoola of the of an Osogbo High court has ordered the Nigeria Police Force to pay a chieftain of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Alhaji Fatai Diekola, Segun Adekilekun and Sikiru Lawal N3 Million Naira damages each for infringing on their human rights.
The court, in its ruling maintained that Police violated the right of Fatai and two others as they were illegally detained on September 24th, 2018 after they reported an allege assault on their person by All Progressives Congress (APC) thugs at Alekuwodo ahead of the Governorship rerun held on 27th of September, 2018.
The court also ordered the Police to place public apology in major Nigerian newspapers.
Responding to the judgement, the defendant Lawyer, Barrister Bukola Onifade commended the judiciary for standing firm to defend the right of the oppressed masses of the country.
- COZA: Police Speaks On Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo
- AY, Jim Iyke Exchange Words Over ‘Face App’ Picture Transformation
- COZA: Police Invite Timi, Busola Dakolo Over Criminal Conspiracy, Falsehood
- Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused of Complicity
- 100 Richest People In The World 2019
headlines6 days ago
BREAKING: Samson Siasia’ Mother Abducted In Bayelsa
Politics7 days ago
Sanwo-Olu Appoints 25 Commissioners, Special Advisers [Full list]
Metro6 days ago
Man Kills Neighbour For Consistently Asking Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
News6 days ago
Fasoranti’s Daughter: Presidency Speaks, Sends Powerful Message To The Family [Must Read]