THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibadan zonal office, on Friday, March 8, 2019, arrested 10 suspected internet fraudsters at Olugun Oluhehu and Elebu areas of Ibadan, Oyo State.
The suspects between 21 and 35 years of age are Prince Tayo Rotimi, Omotomo Oluwarotimi, Abdulakeem Oluwatimilehi, and Kodri Yusuf.
Others include, Oludare Biodun, Lawal Femi, Adeyemi Damilare, Hassan Adewale, Adenuga Olalekan and Oduola Abayomi.
Their arrest followed series of intelligence alleging that they engage in fraudulent activities, especially obtaining money by false pretences from unsuspecting victims through online dating and other illegal means.
At the point of their arrest, EFCC operatives recovered SIM cards, four exotic cars, laptop computers, telephones, fetish objects (juju) and several documents containing false pretences from them.
The suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.
- COZA: Police Speaks On Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo
- AY, Jim Iyke Exchange Words Over ‘Face App’ Picture Transformation
- COZA: Police Invite Timi, Busola Dakolo Over Criminal Conspiracy, Falsehood
- Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused of Complicity
- 100 Richest People In The World 2019
headlines6 days ago
BREAKING: Samson Siasia’ Mother Abducted In Bayelsa
Politics7 days ago
Sanwo-Olu Appoints 25 Commissioners, Special Advisers [Full list]
Metro6 days ago
Man Kills Neighbour For Consistently Asking Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
News6 days ago
Fasoranti’s Daughter: Presidency Speaks, Sends Powerful Message To The Family [Must Read]