Suspected gunmen on Sunday night reportedly attacked Yar Center, Sherere village in Kankara local government area of Katsina State, killing 10 persons while injuring many others.
According to Daily Trust, the gunmen arrived the village on motorcycles, and opened fire on the villagers before setting ablaze shops and vehicles belonging to the residents.
Narrating the incident, Dikko Sherere, a community leader, said: “We can’t even go out and hold the burial rite of the deceased for fear of the bandits.
“As at yesterday evening, seven corpses were recovered but by this morning, the dead had risen to 10.
“The graves are yet to be dug as people are running for their lives. Please help us, we are in grave danger.
“As I’m talking to you, people are busy relocating women and children on foot to areas perceived to be safe. We are under attack.”
- COZA: Police Speaks On Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo
- AY, Jim Iyke Exchange Words Over ‘Face App’ Picture Transformation
- COZA: Police Invite Timi, Busola Dakolo Over Criminal Conspiracy, Falsehood
- Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused of Complicity
- 100 Richest People In The World 2019
headlines6 days ago
BREAKING: Samson Siasia’ Mother Abducted In Bayelsa
Politics7 days ago
Sanwo-Olu Appoints 25 Commissioners, Special Advisers [Full list]
Metro6 days ago
Man Kills Neighbour For Consistently Asking Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
News6 days ago
Fasoranti’s Daughter: Presidency Speaks, Sends Powerful Message To The Family [Must Read]