A Chief Magistrates’ Court in Minna on Tuesday ordered that a 30-year-old farmer, Danjuma Bisalla be remanded in prison custody for allegedly killing his wife.
According to NAN, the Police Prosecutor, Sgt. Bello Mohammed, told the court that the defendant, a resident of Uddu Village in Rijau Local Government area was arrested on April 11.
Mohammed said that the defendant allegedly hacked his wife to death without any provocation.
When the charge was read to Bisalla, he pleaded guilty and told the court he was not in his right senses when he committed the act.
The Judge, Hauwa Yusuf, however, declined to take his plea on the grounds that her court lacked the jurisdiction to hear the matter.
Yusuf ordered the police to forward the case file to the State Director of Public Prosecution for legal advice.
She adjourned the matter until May 21.
- COZA: Police Speaks On Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo
- AY, Jim Iyke Exchange Words Over ‘Face App’ Picture Transformation
- COZA: Police Invite Timi, Busola Dakolo Over Criminal Conspiracy, Falsehood
- Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused of Complicity
- 100 Richest People In The World 2019
headlines6 days ago
BREAKING: Samson Siasia’ Mother Abducted In Bayelsa
Politics7 days ago
Sanwo-Olu Appoints 25 Commissioners, Special Advisers [Full list]
Metro6 days ago
Man Kills Neighbour For Consistently Asking Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
News6 days ago
Fasoranti’s Daughter: Presidency Speaks, Sends Powerful Message To The Family [Must Read]