Manchester United midfielder, Paul Pogba, will be forced to take a pay cut if he leaves for Real Madrid this summer, ESPN reports.
The Spanish club are not prepared to match his £290,000-a-week pay packet at Old Trafford.
Pogba has been seriously linked with a move to the Santiago Bernabeu, with the player and Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane, openly speaking about the possibility in recent weeks.
But United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has insisted that he expects the France international to be a part of his squad next season.
Pogba is expected to push for a move, if the Red Devils don’t qualify for the Champions League.
However, Madrid will not go over the top to lure him from Manchester, as they are unwilling to add further strain to their huge wage bill, by offering him a contract worth more than his United deal.
- COZA: Police Speaks On Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo
- AY, Jim Iyke Exchange Words Over ‘Face App’ Picture Transformation
- COZA: Police Invite Timi, Busola Dakolo Over Criminal Conspiracy, Falsehood
- Crises Looms In Osun Community Over Kingship Tussle, As Ooni Accused of Complicity
- 100 Richest People In The World 2019
headlines6 days ago
BREAKING: Samson Siasia’ Mother Abducted In Bayelsa
Politics7 days ago
Sanwo-Olu Appoints 25 Commissioners, Special Advisers [Full list]
Metro6 days ago
Man Kills Neighbour For Consistently Asking Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
News6 days ago
Fasoranti’s Daughter: Presidency Speaks, Sends Powerful Message To The Family [Must Read]